Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blogging Buddies Reflection

In the video We Like our Blogging Buddies: The Write Stuff with Blogging Mentors the most signifigant thing that I took away from this video is how truly effective blogging can be. I loved what the two instructors were doing in this video and I think it was a great idea that they had to both help the first grade students with writing and get the college students some teaching experience. I would have never thought blogging could have been so effective. I guess I just have a bias view of it from my experience. The only time I have ever really seen blogs have been with myspace or Twitter which I have thought have had no merit than for people to tell everyone else what they are doing and thinking. However this video opened my eyes to how truly effective blogs can be. I wish that I could be apart of this project and have a blogging buddy.
The ideas from this video connect to my own life because the people in this experience, well the college students, thats me. They are doing exactly what I am doing and trying to become an educator. They probably have most of the same requirements for school as me and this is a new project to further help them become better educators in the future. I envy them for having that opportunity because I think it would be so cool to have that experience to help kids with their writing like that. And like I said in the previous paragraph I have never really experienced anyone using a blog like this before. I just think it was an awesome idea and should be employed at more schools, I think it could really help the students as well as the educators.
Some implications of this video are that now I have the idea in my head that blogging is an effective teaching tool. Everyone can improve on their writing and blogging provides a forum for others to read what you wrote and then help you improve it. In my future teaching career this method will definitely be in my head as a tool to help my students improve their writing. As far as the Pedagogic creed goes, this further helps kids become literate and as an educator that is one of our main goals. Think as to how much further these kids can go with getting constructive critisism on thier writing. School in the future will be so much easier for them because they have gotten extra help. I really enjoyed this video and took alot away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment